One of the new trends of learning and development that I believe will be more boom in the next 3 years and affects directly the role of the new organizational leaders, has to do with the ability to persuade a dream and achieve that partners embark on it doing his… is the landmark “inspirational leadership” differential.
The emotion, as a center of human inspiration, is the key tool that the inspirational leadership will manage to achieve a target top, emotionally shared with his team.
1. Definition of “Inspirational Leadership”
“Inspirational Leadership” means the ability of the leader to go beyond the mere achievement of business objectives, in such a way that teams will not follow guidelines of a person, if not that pursued a dream along with their leader.
The inspirational leader is one who moves for a purpose that transcends him and shares that purpose with his team to guide them and accompany them on their achievement. In this way the inspirational leader passes have merely followers to have “inspired followers” who work by and for a higher purpose.
But what are the main differences between a traditional leader and an inspiring leader?
Differences between traditional leadership and the “Inspirational Leadership”
2. Cycle of the “Inspirational Leadership”
Be an inspirational leader supposed to comply with the following cycle:
1. Explanation of the reason for the decision making team.
- Providing full information to the team creates a shared vision of reality.
- Convey the reasons for decisions with transparency it empowers collaborators to carry out its work with greater awareness and builds commitment to the decision.
2. Modification of the decisions on the basis of the contributions of the team
- Continuous communication allows you to hear the “voice of the experts’ team and include contributions to the management and decision-making.
- The valuation of the different contributions based on the knowledge of the contributors: strengths and areas for improvement, builds confidence in the collaborator and enriches the perspective of management.
3. Support in the implementation of the decision
- The team that has to carry out the decisions made need to know leader confident in his chances, and he accompanies them and supports. You can contribute your vision to the team through continuous micro-decisiones process started.
- Each partner has to feel supported and which is growing and developing within the team and with the help of the leader.
4. Communication of results to the outside through team
- The advances obtained by the team are shared. Contributors are responsible for transmitting it to the rest of the company and the customers.
- When there are failures the leader is who is responsible for the result and acts accordingly.
5. Analysis of data from the activity carried out.
- Leader in the team develops the ability to think, the ability to anticipate the future and new opportunities based on an analysis of data on activity and results.
- The training team in the analysis of data and evidence will take micro-decisiones that correct possible deviations in the projects and improve the work process and decision making.
6. Exportación del “leadership know how”
- The transfer of know-how and best practices in its management allow the company maintain a continuous improvement and generating new “inspirational leadership”.
- The cycle of management of “inspirational leadership” is exported to different teams and projects at the company.
In the next article The New Leader (II), we’ll talk about attributes that should be an inspirational leader and how it affects the figure of the inspirational leader to the company.