Quantify the impact and profitability of a training plan has always been a goal to which many companies aspire. The value provided strategic management of human capital is vital to the organization Can you imagine for a moment finally meet the efficiency, effectiveness, benefits and ROI of a training program and / or Annual Plan training? One thing is clear: “What we is not measured does not exist”
Having an methodology that can demonstrate and measure reliably, through a reliable methodology, qualitative and quantitative, the profitability of the training, or what is the same, the actual roles and responsibilities on the footprint left by the areas of training and human resources in companies and organizations should take care as an appreciated value business impact.
Now, What can be measured? We must bear in mind these five perspectives:
1. Impacts, both direct and indirect. With direct impacts we mean those under the control of a company, which may be incurred or products that emerge from the everyday activities of company, such as job creation within a company, the sale of products or adherence to some code or standard. With indirect we mean those who are not under control of the company but under its influence. They can also be characterized as “repercussion effects” of direct impact and they include job creation within the production line of the company, or a change in the quality of life of consumers who purchase a product or service.
2. The satisfaction of the participants. How did he react to the program? What did you observe the facilitator? It should assess the level of participation of stakeholders and participants know whether they agree with the overall assessment of the impacts of the company.
3. Learning: What did you learn?, What became real learning?, What internalized?
4. Behavior change. What results obtained individually and organizationally?, Did it improve your job performance?, What behavior expressed in your work?, Is made some change in the organization? It is very important to identify priority areas for action, considering possible business responses and preparing recommendations for management
5. The impact on the value chain. Speaking of generation of value through people and talent demands to talk the language of business in terms of impact, profitability and financial benefits from the perspective of human capital, learning and training. Reach the ROI of training is to quantify the contribution to the economic performance of the company, meeting the strategic objectives of the organization.
But, What does it depend the depth of our measurement? To do this must bear in mind these criteria to define as far measured, but before putting it into practice, the organization should consider the use of best practices such as:
– Be clear what you want to measure …
– What remedies are available
– Election of key indicators that can not be discussed
– And, communicate
Currently, it is not usual to measure the impact and cost of training. The challenge is whether “the organization” means stop belonging to that group and change champion, Want to measure the contribution of training and human resources to accounting and social positive results of your company? Leave it to us. Sign up on our website and access our full document of the evolution of the key indicators in the implementation of new learning models.
As Einstein said in his theory of relativity, “What gets measured is not always important, what is important and not always be measured, but if we do not know we do not measure”.