Efficiency of learning resources in the commercial area
The need to do more with less has led to the creation of efficient solutions to address learning projects in the commercial field.
The learning in the commercial field faces an efficiency challenge due to the fact that there is a need to maintain or increase the sales, which requires the Individual to be as much time as possible on the field.
The key elements for learning resources efficiency in the commercial area is grouped in two categories: Commercial Service Learning, specific programs for Commercial Training and Time to Market.
You can learn more about this trend in the July 19th launch our website with a newsletter.
The need to do more with less has led to the creation of efficient solutions to address the learning solutions in the sales area.
Learning in the sales field faces a challenge as there is the need to maintain or increase sales, which requires the highest possible sales time on the ground.
On the other hand, the resources allocated to the learning and knowledge area have been reduced, assuming an additional challenge for the Sales Management Apprenticeship.
The key features for improving the effectiveness of the learning resources are:
- Duration: Short length sessions.
- Practice: Delivery of useful tools, guides and techniques for immediate implementation.
- Focus on the participant: Delivery of the contents that the professional requires at every moment.
- Self-management: Requires a high level of commitment from the participant and their manager as they are responsible for their own learning
The key elements for the proper effectiveness of the learning resources in the sales area are grouped into:
1. Commercial Service Learning:
The most advanced trade schools are moving towards the sales apprenticeship service, where several established tools are available to the sales teams as an open and self-managed learning service:
1) Self-management support for learning resources.
2) A cultural change in the manager role to an adviser and sponsor role.
3) Open learning resources: self-managed resources and learning plans linked to the position.
2. Specific programs for commercial apprenticeship:
These are designed based on the identification of specific needs of the team and/or business/market, or as anticipation to a market evolution or to a change in the company’s business model. There are three types of approaches for the creation of specific programs for sales learning:
1. Free Content and Collaboration (Google).
2. Exchange of Experiences (Toshiba).
3. Portal Launches (Nissan).
3. Time to Market:
The Time to Market approach applied to learning refers to a reduction in the time from when a need is detected for learning until the time of implementation of the most appropriate solution.
They seek to meet their customers’ needs in the shortest time possible. In order to do this the supply chain of the company has streamlined their processes in order to offer rapid creation of products, proactive logistics (implementation and deployment) and marketing (they launch a line of new products every 2 weeks).
You can download and complete the following trend infographics
In the video we show you then you will meet some of the views of major Colombian companies belonging to sectors such as automotive, energy, banking and telecommunications, as well as some solutions have been applied to turn this trend into a business reality.