CUSTOMER NEED/PROBLEM TO SOLVE
This is a customer with an international presence and a traditional training management model, i.e. unadjusted to changing times:
- Dominance of face to face training (they were just developing their online training)
- Reactive training “at the request of the internal customer” without criteria or structure
- Absence of a classification and knowledge management system
Some consequences of the management model were:
- Frustration amongst the team = a constant feeling of chaos and “fighting fires”
- Little interaction between the businesses = there was a relationship with the Training Department only when courses are needed to be requested
- A precarious control of the budget, that led to a poor and unstable training.
Overlap proposes that the solution goes through a training evolution, by choosing the Sales Academy solution as a framework/environment to help them create change.
There are results in different areas:
STRUCTURE: Establishing processes that allow a needs identification and the creation of training learning paths in levels that sustain the “training life cycle”: induction -> professional -> advanced
TECHNOLOGY: Online learning enables face-to-face sessions to focus on the training and its practical application.
TANGIBLE RESULTS: Adding a measurement system based on Kirkpatrick (levels 1,2 and 3: satisfaction, knowledge, and on the job transfer).
PRESTIGE: Improving the Training Department’s image and professionalism.