CUSTOMER NEED/PROBLEM TO SOLVE
This brand has an extensive product portfolio that not all employees know. The aim was to achieve the following:
- Introduce in depth the characteristics of the various brands that make up the company.
- Convert the employees into brand ambassadors in their close circle of family and friends, being capable to present product characteristics and details.
- Achieve the maximum involvement of employees for the company’s products and their knowledge, while generating pride of belonging and engagement.
- Increase people’s sales-orientation, so they are able to present product characteristics in convincing way.
- Reduce the Time to Market in the case of new standards or changes in the portfolio.
The BRANDMAN Challenge is an online gamified solution on product knowledge focused on achieving that the company’s employees know in depth their product portfolio and also become brand ambassadors in their circle of influence (family, friends, acquaintances). It is a methodology used for acquiring knowledge (Serious Game), followed by a phase of challenges in which it is possible to compare what each person knows about different prospects, compared to other participants or players (Social Game). The result is a social game based on knowledge challenges with different levels of difficulty (Fun Game).
The game is set in 2D interactive scenarios that recreate each customer’s facilities. Overcoming the different challenges involves accumulating points, which later can be increased by participating in synchronous or asynchronous challenges that the participants give to each other to prove who best knows the different products. The accumulated points are displayed in a categorical ranking of winners, and they can also earn badges that recognize the best gamers’ special skills (the most constant, fastest, most challenging, etc.)
- The game system allows all the accumulated results to be displayed on a Statistics panel (only for administrative profiles), which allows the measurement of participation and success rates, so we can make redirecting decisions for the game if necessary (increase difficulty, add tests, replace badges).
- Due to the game’s playful orientation, its effectiveness is far superior to other online learning systems (like classic elearning), since the challenge component makes people participate more in a voluntary way to prove to themselves what they know and show it in front of others.